- Next story Tensions continue in Faya despite negotiations
- Previous story Tensions run high in Faya, Chad, as protesters demand the removal of the governor.
- 5.3 million suffer from food insecurity in Chad January 28, 2023
- October 20th protesters to be tried in Koro Toro without lawyers November 29, 2022
- International Monetary Fund Halts Cash For Chad November 8, 2022
- “these young people have found people who know how to lie better than us.” November 3, 2022
[…] At that point, the situation was already very tense, and all that was needed was a spark to ignite the anger that had been accumulating. The governor of Borkou, Ismat Issakha Acheikh, provided that spark by ordering all owners of tan or grey vehicles to have them repainted white within a month of the order. The same day the order was released, the mixed commission started to impound vehicles, stating that the papers were not in order. For the population of Faya, this was too much, and it drove them to the streets again. […]