Eight security measures adopted by the CMT
The president of the CMT led a security meeting on July 15, attended by the vice president of the CMT, the prime minister, ministers of security, and other key defense officials.
During the meeting, they adopted 8 security measures:
- A monthly safety meeting is instituted, to be chaired by the president of the CMT, and a weekly meeting chaired by the vice president of the CMT.
- The disarmament operations must continue and intensify throughout the nation. (See more: Chad: New mixed force to disarm population)
- The abusive issuance of weapon carry permits should be prohibited.
- Unauthorized checkpoints must be removed immediately
- Respect for the authority of the State must be fully exercised and authorities are all instructed to enforce the laws and texts of the Republic rigorously
- Those responsible for security must fully assume their responsibility and avoid any lax behavior.
- The leaders of the security and defense corps (ANT, national police, national and nomadic guard) are subject to systematic rotation every three years.
- Justice must regain its honor by combating corruption and the lack of fulfillment of the sentences rendered.
Related articles in French: